Monday 29 June 2015

Eyes on you

That day, that moment was totally different. Yes, I am talking sense. This happens to everyone who believes in love, love that blinds and binds you without you knowing when and where.

The way you ebbed in and out the view, that was a celebrated glee to my eyes. The eyes that were tired of broken sleep were soothed by the bluish tint of your reflection. But I did not want to be disheartened by the truth that lies clandestine amidst the joyous spell cast by the royal blue. I knew and I retracted from all the joy that radiated from a distance on to me and the excitement and merriment were all put to halt. I moved away from a blue to another, to the blue of the sky. Yes, I started gazing onto the sky to keep me shut from you and I started making shapes that appealed to my eyes. But my eyes were cunning that it slipped my control to peep into the blue that watched me. My neck stared aching but you were still there fading in and out with other onlookers gazing on you. I retired faking sleep, deceiving me.

I couldn’t carry on the drama for my eyes forced its lid open to meet yours but you were gone. You were far from my view. The four eyes that played the game of (love) settled on to end it. Yes, thus the show ended, I do not know with joy or fun or gloom. But I know it was over. And as I was wiping off the memory of the (love) ballad that our eyes had written you rose from the seat to retire forever. With a heavy heart, not making my eyes meet yours, I bid adieu. Later, I wrote in my diary of memories…”And we will never meet again”, hoping to meet you sometime, somewhere.

We meet to soon part our ways and never to meet again, then why do we actually meet?


 There is no reason but then yes we are destined to meet to just give us the wisdom that certain things are not meant for us even if we desire for it by heart. Here the eyes met but when the ballad is written by two hearts, I wish, they are not torn apart but be tethered forever in unison.

1 comment:

  1. AH! "Love at first sight!"...and yes, it is experienced by everyone who ever lived and loved. The very slight sight of that special "stranger across a crowded room" heals and cures tiredness, sore sleepless eyes, headache, muscle pain, even a common cold. It enhances the senses, clears the mind, and brings the heart to softness. Nature works that way to guarantee that "two will meet...and greet...and...". How sweet, and how sweetly written,

    Dreamily you wind down in seductive fashion (destined!), continue in bluish blur. Then the wisdom of creation, life, and infinity, ends in a realization--expressed in a ballad. And we know again that everything IS everything, and greatest force in the Universe,, love, is forever lasting, in fact (opinion) love was always! Everything we see or will EVER see or know is THE result of love, and in the end, all which will remain...is, yesss, LOVE, because GOD IS LOVE, by (my) definition. How could a rose or a soul or a kindness be so beautiful, were that not so?

    EXCELLENT piece, Sunu, loved the reading...and as you might guess--you got me to thinking also. Thank you SO much!
    Steve E

    ReplyDelete